starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sore red spot on elbow

Default Sore red spot on elbow

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So the other day I noticed a small red spot on the medial aspect of my elbow. I had done a fairly heavy (for me) press workout earlier in the day but didn't notice any unusual discomfort during the sets or anytime else in my workout, which included squats and LTEs. It doesn't really hurt at all, just some minor pain when I touch it and sort of a stretchy feeling in the area during certain arm movements. Last night I did two sets of ten pullups, also without pain. Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Elbow.jpg

Dermatology? On this board?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Dermatology? On this board?
    Well, I thought it was more than skin deep, and perhaps muscle/tendon related.

Now that I feel it more, it's sort of a hard mass about the size of a quarter right under the skin.

Yes. Derm case.

Yes. Derm case.
    Interesting. I'll investigate elsewhere in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by RJPinAZ View Post
    Interesting. I'll investigate elsewhere in that case.
    OK, so I've looked around and haven't been able to find a dermatological explanation (or lifting related either, for that matter, other than bursa related?) of the bump that made any sense. Can anyone put a name to this? Rip, my apologies ahead of time and just let me know and I won't mention it again on the boards.

Here's a picture I took today from a different angle:

Left elbow.jpg

OK, so I've looked around and haven't been able to find a dermatological explanation (or lifting related either, for that matter, other than bursa related?) of the bump that made any sense. Can anyone put a name to this? Rip, my apologies ahead of time and just let me know and I won't mention it again on the boards.

Here's a picture I took today from a different angle:

Left elbow.jpg
    In case it's not clear, the bump is on the inside of my left elbow.

What was the dermatology diagnosis? At the dermatologist's office?

What was the dermatology diagnosis? At the dermatologist's office?
    First, thanks for not just shutting down my thread.

Second, I'm pretty sure you would not ask those questions without knowing the answers. :-) Let me answer this way. Since I started lifting four and half years ago, I've torn two adductors and gave my back a significant tweak (the second tear being directly related to form issues caused by the back tweak). I didn't go to the doctor for any of those injuries so I certainly wouldn't go for such a trivial appearing thing like this. What I did for those previous injuries was to post here and I received very useful advice (thanks again to Will Morris especially on the back tweak). I posted here about the bump in the hope that, if it is indeed lifting related, someone here has experienced it already and would be able to explain it. I searched the internet but didn't find anything that conclusively matched the appearance of this bump. This site is just my go-to resource for all things gym and health related, at least as a starting point.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm pretty sure you would not ask those questions without knowing the answers.... I searched the internet but didn't find anything that conclusively matched the appearance of this bump.
    Take the hint. Do yourself a favor and have a doctor look at this. If I'm picking up what Rip is putting down, sooner is better than later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast