starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting fat and no muscle gain?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I didn't recommend training through it I believe I mentioned that I personally trained through my own adductor tear. Without assessing you in person there is no way to know how serious it is. What I will say is that when I tore mine (and the same has been true for others) I was able to deadlift heavy within the same week by pointing my toes forward. It was quite odd because I could barely walk but I was able to pull within 20 lb of my 5RM at the time. As for gyms, iron over rubber always. Why do you prefer rubber?

I don't remember exactly well, but why didn't you approve the starr protocol in his situation? Was it from a bad experience of yours? And do you think heavy deadlifting took some of the healing process of your adductors? In regard to my situation,i only get pain when squatting 135+, everything else is fine, walking, running, squats. Still, i'll run the rehab process 6 days of the week and keep the pulling frequency the same 3x/w chins and 1×/w deadlifts, which i think you approve, right?. Lastly, i don't have anything against iron plates. It's just that gym doesn't have plates made by CAP or Gold's Gym or the big brands, they only have the name of my mexican city, which made me doubt a little about their procedence. But i guess it's all the same. I'll adapt, even to heavier presses.

I don’t have an issue with the Starr protocol and I ran it myself when I initially got injured. I just didn’t stop pulling heavy. You’ll have to experiment and figure out what feels right for you. I cannot diagnose your issue over a board post.

Long time no see, friend. Here i am again. A few months ago i started HLM, i have gained quite a lot of mass compared to a year ago, and my results were pretty good until a few months ago. Now i weigh 210, last time i checked. I'm pretty sure that i've been gaining muscle on my back thanks to deadlifts lately, and my strength is still progressing. The problem is that i have a lot of fat around my belly and i have man boobs (i already had both, but now they seem a little worse) on a hoodie i look like i don't even lift, so that's really worrisome, or for the superficial eye, i might even be considered fat, which is even worse. I gained weight thanks to eating a lot of unnecesary shit like hot dogs. Should i lose weight? Should i just stop eating shit and keep eating around 3000 calories? Should i implement more hyperthropy work? Barbell rows, lying triceps extension? Maybe i should just keep gaining strength and fat will go off? (that happened me a while ago).

My lifts lately have been.
    305 4X5. Squat. (volume work)
    370 1x1 (i dropped to singles just to get a rest) DL
    177 4X5 Bench
    107 3x5
    My bench is laughable, but i had to change programming, (so i deloaded just to get more volume) after being unnable to get 190 3x3 after some weeks (while doing LP on presses) and my press has been stagnated for a while, i can't go above 130. Form, i guess. Although i don't like presses.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the update! Glad the deadlift cleaned some things up! Now get that 370 x 5 :-)

Id say first pull all of the extra fat calories from your diet and see what that does

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123