starting strength gym

Thread: Chia seeds

Default Chia seeds

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This is going to sound weird.

I train in the morning & have a protein shake before & after mixed with water. This mix goes through me pretty quickly(and not real firm), and I also probably don't get enough fiber.

I read that chia seeds are an easy way to add fiber and can slow digestion, so I started adding 1 tablespoon to my protein shakes.

I use the InBody machine in the gym usually once a week to check my body composition as I'm trying to lose some fat--same time, same clothes, same day of week.

From 2/13 to 4/10, my weight has gone from 229-233, BF from 48-44, and LBM from 181-188. My LBM has been between 181 and 183 for years--I haven't been able to get over 183 even at over 240. My training hasn't changed much at all.

Could these things actually be helping me absorb the protein better?

Thanks for posign man. Chia seeds are actually a complete protein, no joke. They are just low in protein lol.

Anyhow, InBody is based on bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA), which is highly sensitive to fluid fluctuations. So any non fat weight gained or alteration in fluid balance can alter your lean mass. Unlikely that you gained 7 lb of muscle mass in two months. Probably just retaining a bit more fluid. Are you on any medications or TRT?

No. I realize those things are inherently inaccurate. The only reason I think it’s odd is that it’s been very consistent for a long time. I’ll look at water and dry lean mass in the morning.

Thanks

Yeah just keep training, eat plenty, and take pictures if necessary. No need for anything else when you really think about it. After all, those of us interested in changes in muscular body weight are more concerned with what it looks like not what some report says right?

Thoughts on all of the iron in Chia Seeds?

Make sure you donate blood once per year

I went through a phase of eating chia seeds. Awful things. I decided to plant them to see if Chia trees might grow. Nothing so far.

starting strength coach development program
    No chia pet for you?