starting strength gym

Thread: I want fat

Default I want fat

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey coach Robert. So, most days I do well with my macros. 350-400 c, 50-70 fat, and 220 protein. I'm 6'1", 245, 45 yo. Squat is 200, DL is 305, BP is 185, and press is 110. I am PRng every lift each workout right now. My issue seems to be an insatiable craving for fatty foods at night on workout days. Any insights? Thanks in advance!

Glad to hear you are making some rapid progress. Keep it comin buddy. One thing you can do is swap fat for carbohydrates on non workout days while matching total calories. I've done this for many clients and it works quite well. Gives you some balance so you have some more fats on your non training days and more carbohydrates on the days that you train. This way you aren't "low" in one macro on all days.

Thanks coach! Making sure I understand, on non workout days I can drop carbs and increase fat while maintaining my caloric intake? I still need to reduce BF%. Is that possible with a plan such as this?

Yes that is correct. You can lose body fat with this approach but don't reduce body fat at the expense of getting stronger at this time. You have room to improve, don't take that for granted.

Thanks again for your time and hopefully you are enjoying a long weekend while remembering those who gave all.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Yes that is correct. You can lose body fat with this approach but don't reduce body fat at the expense of getting stronger at this time. You have room to improve, don't take that for granted.
    If my primary goal is to drop body fat, should I be putting off the Starting Strength routine? Should I pick up a bodybuilding type routine, one that allows you to "practice" the S.S. movements?

Quote Originally Posted by David Sanders View Post
    Thanks again for your time and hopefully you are enjoying a long weekend while remembering those who gave all.
    You are very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoJ View Post
    If my primary goal is to drop body fat, should I be putting off the Starting Strength routine? Should I pick up a bodybuilding type routine, one that allows you to "practice" the S.S. movements?
    We are not bodybuilding coaches here and the book isn't designed for bodybuilding. Muscle is gained as an artifact of getting strong. Fat loss is not something a novice lifter should concern himself with unless he is obese.

Gotcha, thank you.

starting strength coach development program
    You are welcome!