starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restarting a NLP after a quick inconsistent run

Default Restarting a NLP after a quick inconsistent run

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I wrapped up a successful LP about 2 months ago. The following were my best 3x5 and 1x5 on DL
    Squat 385 LBs
    Bench 237.5 lbs
    Press 165 lbs
    DL 415 lbs.

Male, 39 yo, ended LP at 238 lbs.

Once I completed LP, I cut carbs out and moved onto intermediate training. I’ve lost about 16 pounds. Currently 222 lbs. My training has been inconsistent at best. So I’ve decided to get carbs back into my diet and drop the fat and start another LP to get what I can and move on to intermediate once again. Squatted 300 lbs for 3x5 very smoothly and easily this morning, pressed and then pulled 385 lbs. for 5. I want to be stricter with my diet this time, and would rather stay around 220-225, or even lose a few more, but hopefully get back to where I was or better strength wise. My job is sedentary, and I stalled out at 222 pounds on the low carb diet, even eating as low as 1600 calories. I was never hungry, but surprised I stalled quickly. My macros are as follows now, would like to know what you think.

P-250
    C-200
    F-40
    Fiber is about 25 grams.

How many days per week are you eating that much fat?

I just started eating this way this past Monday, albeit after a big holiday weekend of eating.

You are going to have to give it more time then. 7 days of consistency to really see if anything happens. Make sure you are eating lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains but also the more sugary carbohydrates around your workout (e.g. gatorade, etc).

Yeah, I figured I’m Going to keep fat around 40-50 grams... tops. My waistline is 39, so I do have some fat on reserve for my body to tap into. Keep protein around 225-250 and just add carbs as I start to feel needed.

I'd say that is a solid approach. You aren't weak so cutting is justified at this point and it may very well help your deadlift go up on the way down. Are you chinning as well?

Hopefully, the DL is something I’m really focusing on. I chin usually on my Wednesday sessions. Well that’s the plan at least. This was my first week back re starting LP. Chinned on Wednesday, pulled 390 for 5 yesterday.

There ya go. What is your chin up AMRAP?

Right now I’m still trying to complete 3x10 with an assistance band. I went 10,10,7. Once I complete the 3x10 I will probably move onto 3x5 at just body weight and go from there working my way up to 10. Than adding weight once I can complete 3x10. My chins aren’t great, but they’ve come a long way. Even with assistance bands I wasn’t able to do any sets of 10 for awhile. I lift at home and don’t have pull down machine.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by eavdr10 View Post
    Right now I’m still trying to complete 3x10 with an assistance band. I went 10,10,7. Once I complete the 3x10 I will probably move onto 3x5 at just body weight and go from there working my way up to 10. Than adding weight once I can complete 3x10. My chins aren’t great, but they’ve come a long way. Even with assistance bands I wasn’t able to do any sets of 10 for awhile. I lift at home and don’t have pull down machine.
    Can you complete a single rep with bodyweight? Do you have access to a lat pulldown?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast