starting strength gym

Thread: Cycling to work - Recovery

Smile Cycling to work - Recovery

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I started starting strength nearly 2/3 months ago and progressing nicely. I live in London and have cycled to work for nearly 3 years, it isnt a challenging cycle and takes 20/30 minutes each way.

Now that my workouts are starting to get very challenging in terms of weight, how does this cycling commute affect my recovery? The day after a workout my legs are a little sore but nothing that Im not able to deal with. I should add I have very active job which im on my feet all day iswell.

I am currently eating well, gaining weight and getting adequate rest as much as possible

Guy

Given that you've been cycling that much at that intensity for 3 years it shouldn't interfere. Are you missing any lifts right now?

Hey Rob,

No not missing any lifts - occasionally due to my work schedule I have to split workouts but haven't missed any lifts in the weeks so far.

I had to do a small reset recently due to a ten day holiday and wasn't able to train but back nearly back to my working weights before the holidays.

Guy

If you aren't missing lifts doing what you are doing then I don't see an issue. Figure out ways to get more consistent now so you can get nice and strong.