starting strength gym

Thread: Post Baby Diet with SS and Breastfeeding

Default Post Baby Diet with SS and Breastfeeding

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Age/Sex: 28 yr old female
    Training history: Learned out to lift in college, took a break while in the army and started back up again whwn I got out last year. Found out i was pregnant with baby #3 a few weeks later and stopped when training was interfering with sleep. Got cleared by doctor to train again at 6 weeks post partum back in May and started out slow to keep from ripping open anything. Im still on LP with the female 5x3 but am starting to slow at 175lbs squat and 190 deadlift (up from 100 each 2 months ago). Press is 80 and bench is 95.
    Current weight and BF% estimate: 167 and 30% based on a tape test
    Current calorie and macro totals: 2500 -2800 kcal/day. Not sure on macros but husband can't do many grains so fairly low carb/high fat. When I was actively tracking protien intake I was hitting around 90g a day with effort. Not a big fan of meat but I eat it anywau.

Basically I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to be eating and in what proportion. I'm chasing toddlers around outside all day and breastfeeding so would consider myself moderately active. I'm not afraid of a little bodyfat but would like the belly pooch ive aquired after kid 3 to go away eventually. My gains are starting to slow all around and I'm not sure if this is a diet issue. Does breastfeeding affect my protien needs?

Is my body composition going to improve the way I'm going or am I going to have to cut at some point?

Thanks for posting and congrats on a successful childbirth. I'm glad you are back under the bar and productive again. Post-partum nutrition advice goes beyond what this board will provide. Your physiology is altered to provide adequate nutrition to your child. What I will say is that as a general rule you will need more calories and more water than your pre-pregnancy needs. I've worked extensively with many breastfeeding mothers who are training and am happy to take you on if you are interested. Shoot me an email and we'll go from there!