starting strength gym

Thread: Pain due to swelling in achilles

Default Pain due to swelling in achilles

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Guys,
    This is my first post in this forum. I am 50 years old. Lately, the old age has started getting me. I have developed many diseases as a result of age. I was a person who did a lot of exercises. I would be out either working or working out in a gym. I was also into marathons and have won a few of them. I still do whatever exercise I can just enough to keep me healthy. But I have started developing pain in my body. Of course, old athletes will face such concerns while they get old. My case is no different. I can't bear the pain, especially the one in my ankles. Seemingly it is the Achilles tendon as sometimes it swells up. A lot of runners have it as they start wearing out. I have been doing exercises to manage it, but even that has become tiresome now. I haven't consulted a doctor for this till now. Probably he will prescribe me painkillers or ask me to operate which I don't want to. I could go to a physiotherapist. Do physiotherapy have specialized treatment plans for pain in the Achilles tendon? Please do share your knowledge. Thank you.

I rather curious. Are you still running, and if so, how much?

What kind of "exercises" have you been doing? Height/Weight/PRs?