starting strength gym

Thread: Prediabetic

Default Prediabetic

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I am doing the SS training and want to get the right nutrition. I am 60 yrs old 5'7" 184lbs. I have been prediabetic for over 5 years and not gone to full-blown diabetes by staying low carb.
    I am afraid that eating all the carbs you suggest will push me to full diabetes. I have a genetic predisposition to diabetes. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Yes. Consider purchasing coaching. I cannot give you medical nutrition therapy on a board post.

In general, a high carbohydrate diet can be achieved for both pre-diabetics and diabetics with careful manipulation of timing and fat intake. Karl Schudt was the perfect example of this. Pre-diabetic at 265 and at 215-225 he was eating 400-500 g carbohydrates per day with sub 100 fasting blood glucose levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Yes. Consider purchasing coaching. I cannot give you medical nutrition therapy on a board post.

In general, a high carbohydrate diet can be achieved for both pre-diabetics and diabetics with careful manipulation of timing and fat intake. Karl Schudt was the perfect example of this. Pre-diabetic at 265 and at 215-225 he was eating 400-500 g carbohydrates per day with sub 100 fasting blood glucose levels.
    Do you mean coaching with you or Karl?

I was citing my experience as Karl's coach and recommending that you work with me on this issue.

I know the relation should be a bell curve dependent on several variables, but is it your experience that prediabetes becomes much more common past a certain height/weight or waist size threshold?

starting strength coach development program
    Age and waist circumference generally play into it.