starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SARMS

Default SARMS

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Coach,

A friend of my GF just hired a coach for bodybuilding bikini category and this coach immediately put her on a stack of SARMS. We’re trying to convince her to fire this coach.

I’m finding it difficult to find reliable data on these things.

My questions would be:

1. Are these considered anabolic steroids?

2. Are these safe for a female?

3. Possible side effects?

4. Are these effective for building strength and muscle mass?

As far as I've read they aren't technically steroids but have steroid like properties. According to WADA they do not have the "steroid related side effects" and have the potential to enhance strength and muscle mass due to their reported anabolic properties. I don't know enough about it to tell you whether they are safe or not.

Fair enough - figured I’d reach out to the boards and see if anyone has insight on current research with these. Thanks coach!

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Hey Coach,

A friend of my GF just hired a coach for bodybuilding bikini category and this coach immediately put her on a stack of SARMS. We’re trying to convince her to fire this coach.

I’m finding it difficult to find reliable data on these things.

My questions would be:

1. Are these considered anabolic steroids?

2. Are these safe for a female?

3. Possible side effects?

4. Are these effective for building strength and muscle mass?
    ALL of this depends on what SARMs you're talking about, and who his source is. As far as overall safety, and no matter how "legit" he claims his sources are, SARMs have become just as shady a business as AAS. If you can get your hands on SARMs and you're not a scientist in a laboratory, it's unregulated and underground. They're a box ah chocolates.

A few years ago when they banned pro hormones, I had just done a couple successful cycles with them and wasn't ready to stop, so I went with SARMs. I found out from all the side effects I wasn't supposed to be getting, that I was just taking repackaged pro hormones, this time with nothing to counteract them and no planned PCT. I was lucky in that all I got was a little gyno. A female with say, an unwanted deepened voice, is much more of a tragedy, especially happening as a result of ignorance and stupidity.

Drugs are something you're going to run into with these beauty competitions (male or female). She's going to have to decide whether she wants to be an "enhanced winner" or a "natural competitor" somewhere in the back. With all my guinea pig has been through in all his experiences with different drugs, I'd choose the latter. Tell her to leave the drugs and "winning" for the body dysmorphic narcissists who think about NOTHING ELSE. Whether she knows it or not, if she's already committing to a competition and already being tempted with drugs, this is going to CONSUME her life if she gives in.

Thanks Dave - You make a great point and I seriously doubt that a Bikini competitor needs to be on a stack of this shit even at the pro level.

More of these girls need to learn how to lift heavy and stop relying on drugs and 20 rep bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Thanks Dave - You make a great point and I seriously doubt that a Bikini competitor needs to be on a stack of this shit even at the pro level.

More of these girls need to learn how to lift heavy and stop relying on drugs and 20 rep bullshit.
    The problem is that they have to stay small and lean. They train like us they won't place. Bikini is a bullshit competition. Training can actually hurt your rankings.

They certainly can’t just strength train, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t squat and pull heavy when they’re not on prep. I believe that the heavy LBBS is perfect for developing the glut/ham tie-ins that are critical in the scoring.

Some coaches say that heavy squats and pulls make your waist bigger, but I’d bet that waist size is mostly genetic and unlikely to get much larger on a natural athlete who lifts heavy off prep and focuses on volume/posing on prep.

My girlfriend trains this way and just got her IFBB pro card in her only her first year of national competitions at her third national show.

I would think that steroids would contribute to a thicker waist much more than a natural athlete who lifts heavy.

I agree that off season training won't hurt. I do think that squatting and deadlifting to increase the waist circumference though. Your erectors, abdominals, and obliques all hypertrophy from squatting and pulling heavy. I've witnessed this in myself and other clients. It's not going to be a large percent change but it does increase

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    . According to WADA they do not have the "steroid related side effects" and have the potential to enhance strength and muscle mass due to their reported anabolic properties.
    WADA source/citation for this part ^

starting strength coach development program
    I’m clearly not a bikini coach or professor of bro science, but I would think that the booty gains from heavy squats and pulls outweigh the small increase in waist circumference and would perhaps even negate the use of performance enhancing drugs that many of these girls get conned into.

Yet, from what I’ve seen, very few of these girls train progressively with the barbell.

As for the bikini division - I’m actually a fan. I don’t enjoy the typical douchebaggery that is inherent at a bodybuilding show, but confidence and femininity is a sexy combo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast