starting strength gym

Thread: Caloric scaling and dealing with a high calorie job

Default Caloric scaling and dealing with a high calorie job

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So, I fell off the wagon when I started a new job a few months ago due to hours and during the time I wasn’t able to eat very well(Many skipped lunches to make up time and then often fast food for dinner) but I’ve gotten into a fairly steady routine and work has come to our slow season. I can now take lunch and still get off early enough to go train. I do satellite installs so I spend most of my day either driving to jobs, up and down a ladder, crawling under houses, etc. My lunches these days are simple monster mashes(8oz ground beef 1 cup rice, riced broccoli, and peppers & onions), breakfast is 4 whole eggs with peppers, onions, and cheese(1/4 cup), an English muffin with PB&J, and two 50g protein shakes. Dinner is about 8oz of protein, potatoes, and veg. I’m starting back more or less at square one with my training (Beginning numbers: Squat: 135/Press:95/ Deadlift: 185/ Bench: 135).

How would you recommend scaling my calories as my training progresses along with my job activity(Cause I’m sure I can’t be the only one who deals with this)

It’s quite simple. If your protein goal is met you add more carbohydrates first then fats. Have you done a macro count yet?