starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vegan propaganda

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    You guys gotta watch it. It’s a great comedy!

It's a normal documentary. Schwarzenegger is not vegan, plenty of doctors called for expert opinion are not vegan.

Documentary shows that plants have protein, that for an athlete that eats 1g of protein per lbs of bodyweight, muscle protein synthesis (short-term) is maximized too (given there's enough leucine, but obviously for a 200lbs athlete, a 50g protein meal will have enough leucine), long term gains obviously there too, diet works too.

For example, I've eaten 250g of raw red lentils today (60g of protein from that, +meat in the lentil stew), but checking the MPS requirements, 125g of raw red lentils alone has enough leucine to produce maximal MPS.

I would have preferred more vegan athletes in the documentary.

Although I never understood why is optimal eating necessary?
    If endothelial function decreases moments after a fatty/meaty meal, wouldn't that push my body to make necessary adaptations with endothelial function compromised? Yeah, I wouldn't go to a competition eating a bunch of fatty meat and fucking up my blood flow but for training it seems fine.

The boner and the cloudy plasma tests are just simple demonstrations. Nothing to infer from that other than motivate new research.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Of course, the vast majority of people who would promote or watch this film do not want to see a logical argument or care about truth.
    What exactly is the truth, that a well planned vegan diet will leave you frail and dying? People are being too dramatic over this documentary.
    It's a simple documentary, not really a good one, will be forgotten in a couple of years.

Damn, I went to see the thread with that guy from the newest podcast and ended up here.

Hey Lovefleshbuffet,
    Great name and sorry you clicked on my thread, but then again nobody asked you for your opinion. Carry on.

This documentary also indicates that mcgregor lost to diaz because he was eating steak (no mention of the rematch that he won though?) and that a crew of firefighters dramatically improved their biomarkers and lost a bunch of weight because they stopped eating meat... or mayyybe they just stopped eating fucking donuts, ice cream, soda or whatever else was replaced with veggies.

It's documentaries like this that make me think two hours of film is an inappropriate medium to explain science - especially any contentious or popular topics.

If I had no background in science, I could easily see myself watching this and thinking "yeah that makes sense" despite how superficial it is.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Agreed Andrew.

And It’s fucking annoying when people you coach fall for shit like this, go vegan without any plan on getting the right amount of macro and micronutrients, and halt all progress in strength training.

But what can you do? Let them try and see i suppose.

Quick Update: I've watched the movie twice and am taking notes. There will be content on this soon.

Looking forward to it, Coach!

Robert,
    Just curious on the progress of your analysis of this docudrama? Very, very interested in your opinion. Thanks.

Recording a podcast on it for SS Radio this weekend.

starting strength coach development program
    Very excite!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast