starting strength gym

Thread: BPC-157

Default BPC-157

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Robert,

Do you know anything about BPC-157? I've had chronic patellar and quadriceps tendinopathy for years and thought maybe it could help.

It has some peer reviewed data on rats behind it. Doesn't say much about how it would work in humans. Don't know much about it though. Maybe Will can add to the discussion.
    Last edited by Robert Santana; 12-23-2019 at 12:16 AM.

It’s also worth noting that BPC-157 is illegal.

Is it illegal? There’s a doctor in CT named Henry Sobo who offered it to me for my bicep tendinitis. I never did it but often consider it since this shit has been chronic for four years and affects my work a lot.

Let me clarify: it is illegal for someone to purchase and use BPC-157. Physicians sometimes have some broad ability to use things off label. If you receive this from your physician, you are likely okay. If you purchase and use this compound from a research chemical company, it is most certainly illegal.

Any thoughts on the efficacy of this stuff, will?

Ah I see. Thanks for the answer!

Testimonials from people who have tried something are generally useless unless the number of reports is truly staggering. So reading the accounts of intrepid bodybuilders and Instagram influencers doesn’t tell us much. As mentioned above, there is some evidence of efficacy of this compound I n rats. This is great if you are a rat, but the history of medicine is replete with examples of treatments and cures that work well in rats but that fail spectacularly or cause unacceptable problems in humans.

That being said, many things that succeed in rats do work well for humans, so if you want to be a lab rat, go ahead. I would, however, discourage anyone from caring about your results unless you have an identical twin who does exactly what you do, aside from the experimental treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    unless you have an identical twin who does exactly what you do, aside from the experimental treatment.
    Funny you say that, since I'm literally OP's identical twin brother and also have chronic quadriceps tendinopathy. Does that mean OP has your blessing?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    Funny you say that, since I'm literally OP's identical twin brother and also have chronic quadriceps tendinopathy. Does that mean OP has your blessing?
    Ha, my blessing is neither given nor required. But what is the evidence for use of this compound in genetically-driven tendinopathy, which it seems likely you have, and if it works or doesn’t work for you, what does that tell us about the sporadic or mechanical tendinopathy that the rest of us have? Or maybe this compound works better on biceps tendons than on quads? Your negative result would be very misleading!

Science gets really complicated when you actually try to use it to get to some kind of truth. That’s why most popularizers don’t use it for that.