starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much should I be eating? 148lb female

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sorry to leave you waiting in anticipation! Lol

Here's a set of squats at 205# from last Monday: YouTube
    And here's a set of deadlifts at (I think) 275 from a couple weeks ago. (I don't have any more recent videos of deadlifts but I'll get one at my 300# lift today) YouTube

Sorry you can't see the weights clearly in the squat video but I promise it's 205!

Thanks! I've been lifting for a while--I started the conjugate method a couple years ago, but decided to move on to this program after I felt like my progress was stalling.

YouTube
    300# deadlift from today

Thanks for posting. You are off to a good start with these numbers.

You are getting into your back on the squat. By that I mean you are lifting your chest halfway up to get the lockout. This causes your hips and knees to go forward and you can see this happening if you follow the patella. Drive your ass all the way up to the top. Don't stop doing this until you've stood up. Another cue is "stay under the bar" and drive your ass up. The deadlift is starting too far forward and you can see this as the plates roll back once you begin pulling. Get your ass higher and stay out over the bar. Your back could be much tighter too so make sure you are pulling all of the slack out oof the bar and really driving down with the feet to start the pull. It may also just be Heavy so some degree of flexion is inevitable but it should not be in your lumbar. So incorporate these fixes and see where it goes from there. Nice work.

Good info on the dextrose. I've been eating dried dates + water at the end of BP and it helps my DL without sugar shock.

Kelsey: how do you get the entire gym to yourself?

starting strength coach development program
    I'm a coach and assistant manager at a CrossFit gym so I train in between classes lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12