starting strength gym

Thread: Alcohol and diet ?

Default Alcohol and diet ?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Just started the starting strength program. Heavy drinker accumulating 1000 plus calories daily from alcohol. I’m 6”2 225 so my maintenance calories are around 3750. Have cut all alcohol out of my diet and was wondering if I consumed 3200 calories from food if I would be technically be at a surplus since my food calories would be way higher then normal. Essentially tricking my body into thinking I was in a surplus even though I’m below maintenance. I know it wouldn’t last forever but was wondering if you thought this was plausible for the first month or so. I might just be thinking about some crazy broscience but I thought it might be possible . I planned on giving this a whirl while I get my form down and only moving up in short increments for about a month and then re-evaluating my weight after a month and go into a true surplus. Also I have experience lifting before but it’s been about 2 years since I’ve been on a regular routine. My thought process is that I would be able to shed around 10lbs and recomp during this period. Thoughts?

3200 calories would be fine for you. Try it out and train. My money is on you recomposing.