starting strength gym

Thread: Kefir

Default Kefir

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Robert,

What are your thoughts on drinking kefir long-term? Ideally I'd like to put on 15lbs, but I struggle to even maintain my bodyweight. I'm just not a big eater and don't have a big appetite. Recently I've been drinking 1-2L of kefir a day to get some extra calories in. I love the stuff, and unlike milk, it doesn't upset my stomach. Unfortunately I can only find 1.5% fat content kefir where I live. I'm 27, 6ft0 and 225lbs. I eat pretty well otherwise -- my diet consists mostly of meat, eggs, rice, vegetables, some fruit, some ice cream. u

I think its fabulous and your gut flora would agree. What else are you eating?

Great to hear that. I just try to eat as much as I can without forcing myself too much. Breakfast I'll often have 6 soft-boiled eggs with either rice/fruit. Lunch and dinner I usually have about 1lb of meat with rice and vegetables. Then I'll add in the kefir and some ice cream or other kind of snack to get some extra calories in. I don't track calories -- guessing I must be eating at least 4k though. A new addition is replacing my breakfast carbs with 2 croissants. Cheap, easy to eat, and 400 calories each.

Track and measure for one week. You will learn something.