starting strength gym

Thread: What to eat before bed

Default What to eat before bed

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I am 53 with well managed diabetes. I an often hungry before bed and having something to eat also helps with keeping my blood sugar in line overnight. What suggestions do you have for what to eat before bed - like 30 to 45 minutes prior?

I typically recommend consuming something high protein with some fat before bed. Some peanut butter with a casein protein shake is the easiest. You can also have greek yogurt or skyr or something to that effect.

Do you like meatballs?

I am lucky to have a grinder and a fridge stocked with last years ground venison, but I also grind London broil or top sirloin. London broil ground meat comes in at less than $5.00/lb and is very good.

I mostly gave up whey protein shakes because they didn't sit that great with me. I tried Casein but hate that thick shake.

I make 2 lbs of meatballs at a clip, then just have a meatball or two before bed. They are good cold.

Love them. Can't see why they would be a problem. If you are trying to lose fat you'd have to switch to a leaner meat but otherwise i'm good with them.