starting strength gym

Thread: Am i cutting calories properly?

Default Am i cutting calories properly?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey, i need some advice. I'm trying to lose weight since i don't look like i would like to, i was 210 last i checked.. I cutted calories from 3000-ish to 2200. I think from 400 carbs/200 protein. To 200 carbs/160-80 protein. That was almost two weeks ago. I don't sleep that well because i take pills that disrupt my sleep.So i haven't trained a lot since last week until today due to low energy and motivation. but before that i've been doing upper/lower with bodyweight stuff, pullups and push ups, single leg squats, table rows. I know that this is not the place for that, i would love to have a home gym or train with barbells but you know... So i try to get myself some workout for my muscles to prevent losing all the strength and muscle i developed. Someomne have told me that i look thinner but i don't feel like it. Is it wrong that i cut calories directly and not in phases? I know that not training is probably why i still haven't lose weight, add to that a lack of physical activity, like walks. But i mean, i still should be losing some weight, right? Finally, i still consume some butter and ketchup so i might as well cut that stuff...

Thanks for sharing. Do you have access to barbells right now or is this because of the imposed restrictions? I don't think it's wrong to cut calories like that per se but you should keep protein as high as possible for as long as possible. Cut that last.

Every gym on my area is closed. So, i can't train outside of my home. I will have acces to a pull up bar that will arrive at my home in a few days. I'll try to keep my protein higher than that, but without whey powder i don't think i'll be able to reach it without adding lots of calories.

In that case right now you just want to keep protein up as high as possible, do whatever you can to stress your muscles, and cut as many carbohydrates and fats as you need to get the weight off. The ratio of carbohydrates:fat is less important for your current situation provided protein is high. Once you can train again you'll want more carbohydrates.