starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutting and stubborn belly fat. Macros right?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    If you have bad luck with your fat distribution and everything accumulates in the belly then of course you also lose belly fat last and at 215 you’re probably still not lean unless you are 8 ft tall 😀

I‘m 85 kilos now and the belly starts to fade slowly. At 12-15 % bodyfat I would probably only weigh 75-78 kilos so of course at 85 kilos there’s still some fat and with an unlucky fat distribution it stays in the belly.

And at 215 that should be even worse.

I would love for the fat to accumulate in the legs first but you can’t change genetics.

So I‘m gonna diet down to about 81 or 82 kilos now and see if the belly goes away and then gain again.

Lost about 10 % strength up until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Probably lost it off other areas first.
    Agreed. Can't argue that. It's just frustrating.

I will say that as I got stronger it spread out better across my entire body. I used to get it all in my trunk but I lacked the arm, shoulder, and back development to overshadow it. I care much less now that i've fixed the issue.

I also have an issue with belly fat. Questions: how does one track progress during a cut? Using a scale to track body weight won't tell me whether I am losing fat or muscle. Should I use a tape measure? I am not sure I can accurately track my own belly measurement. SS emphasizes consistent metrics and I think I'll be more motivated to try if I can track my progress in a consistent measurable way.

I know that SS recommends cutting dietary fat first. Does that recommendation hold during a time when my gym is closed and I don't have a home gym--so no barbell training at all right now? I have also seen on teh interwebz that one of the easiest and best dietary interventions is not eating carbs after 7 pm. I do tend to eat dinner late. What do you think about no carbs after 7?

starting strength coach development program
    If you aren't barbell training, low carb dieting will work just fine. Don't worry about accurately measuring anything and focus more on consistency in the measurement. This isn't a lab experiment this is your life. Measure in the same spot every week with the same instruments, at the same time of day, wearing the same clothes, and under the same feeding and voiding conditions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12