starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Checking Testosterone Levels

Default Checking Testosterone Levels

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I am a 40 year old male, who would like to have his test levels checked. I live in metro NY and going to visit the doctor is an adventure at the moment. I have seen some of these at home test kits, that are sent to you, you take the test, and send them back for results. Are you aware of any of these that are considered legitimate?

I am unaware of a valid at home test and even if there was one, what good would it do you if you can't currently get a script?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I am unaware of a valid at home test and even if there was one, what good would it do you if you can't currently get a script?
    In Boston, at least some of the "Men's Health/ED" private clinics are seeing patients in person, and are advertising aggressively on radio. You should look for a similar local clinic, if they are not seeing patients directly, they may be able to point you to a good home test, and to a telemedicine visit after which they can send a prescription.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    In Boston, at least some of the "Men's Health/ED" private clinics are seeing patients in person, and are advertising aggressively on radio. You should look for a similar local clinic, if they are not seeing patients directly, they may be able to point you to a good home test, and to a telemedicine visit after which they can send a prescription.
    That actually is essential.

Default I think the first question is why?

That actually is essential.
    or what specifically are your symptoms?

and I would want to firstly go over these symptoms with a doc that really knows you...ie your PCP or family physician....I wouldn't skip this step...if your over 40 I am sure he will be fine with ordering a complete profile...but some of the things you may think are test related might not be at all...so you need complete physical and complete bloodwork in addition to just a test test....ha I made a funny, lol

You want a doc that really knows you but one that also doesn't have a bias against test. There are a lot of those and talking to them can be a giant waste of time and money.

You want a doc that really knows you but one that also doesn't have a bias against test. There are a lot of those and talking to them can be a giant waste of time and money.
    You want a doc who will also check your thyroid, CBC, liver and kidney function, and will talk to you about your sleep, in addition to checking your test. I have no idea if the “men’s clinic” places are thorough or not.

If your test is “low normal” or “borderline” and your PCP doesn’t want to treat it, the “men’s clinic” surely will. You can probably call and ask the Low T doc office ahead of time what tests they do, and you can probably pick and choose because they are basically retail operations. If they only check T, you might want to hit up your PCP first. This is the longer but wiser route.

A lot of family or PCP's don't really know or care about test levels as they pertain to athletes. Many times, if you're in range that's good enough for them and they may be reluctant to prescribe. 350ng/dl may be "normal range" but it still sucks. Some doctor's aren't even aware how other factors impact other values on blood work either and how it all relates, or not, to taking exogenous testosterone.

You want a doc who will also check your thyroid, CBC, liver and kidney function, and will talk to you about your sleep, in addition to checking your test. I have no idea if the “men’s clinic” places are thorough or not.

If your test is “low normal” or “borderline” and your PCP doesn’t want to treat it, the “men’s clinic” surely will. You can probably call and ask the Low T doc office ahead of time what tests they do, and you can probably pick and choose because they are basically retail operations. If they only check T, you might want to hit up your PCP first. This is the longer but wiser route.
    Due diligence is essential in the age of drive-through medicine.

starting strength coach development program

Ageless Men's Health did all that with me. I think they checked quite a few other things as well. Quick Google check and it shows three of them in NYC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast