starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beer as a carbohydrate source

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by dalan View Post
    I really want beer to be a good post workout drink but it's not. Most of the calories in beer are from alcohol not carbs and alcohol calories aren't very useful. If you don't mind the empty alcohol calories, I'd say go for it just because beer is awesome.
    Even with heavier beers (IPA, Stout, Dopplebock etc) I'm not seeing anything more than 20g carb per can.
    IMO The best part about beers after lifting is that it tastes better. Had half a pitcher of Bodhizafa to myself after a meet and it was the greatest thing I've ever drank.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post

Yessir. Who would have thought a guy coached by bill starr and tommy Suggs would know more than some random jackass with a webpage. I wish I bought the books ten years ago when I first came across “starting strength”, which was really some bastardized version of the nlp some dick posted on bodybuilding.com
    Imagine that? I started a bastardized version as well but had already been watching Rip's videos to fix my press because it kept hurting my neck. As soon as I saw his name attached to the programming I migrated here.

Beer calories are almost entirely comprised of alcohol. In the absence of a cocktail, this idea that alcoholic beverages are "carbs" is mythology. That being said, I have been under the bar after consuming a variety of options. Never like a frat boy though, that's just Stupid.

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah, even near beer is only about 18-20g of carbs per 12oz. You're better off drinking milk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12