starting strength gym

Thread: when using non-flavored whey.....

Default when using non-flavored whey.....

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip's "making a shake" video inspired me to purchase the Now Unflavored whey isolate.

How do you folks make a 'chocolate-y' tasting shake? What do you add to unflavored powder? (I've only bought preflavored powders in the past.)

The answer can't be.....'add chocolate'....right?

What other things do you do to make decent tasting shakes out of unflavored WPI?

(I do have plenty of frozen fruit, to mix with OJ, but that 'tropical' flavor can get old after a while)

You can always mix it with chocolate milk. I rarely use powders myself but when I have I bought pre-flavored. Never got into smoothie making or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Rip's "making a shake" video inspired me to purchase the Now Unflavored whey isolate.

How do you folks make a 'chocolate-y' tasting shake? What do you add to unflavored powder? (I've only bought preflavored powders in the past.)

The answer can't be.....'add chocolate'....right?

What other things do you do to make decent tasting shakes out of unflavored WPI?

(I do have plenty of frozen fruit, to mix with OJ, but that 'tropical' flavor can get old after a while)
    Ovaltine!

I was using unflavored whey for a while. I used ice cream to change the flavors up.

With flavored whey you're stuck with one flavor for however long it takes to finish the tub. With unflavored whey, just pick a different ice cream if you want something new.

I don’t have anything to add other than now has a really decent chocolate whey. The ingredients are only whey isolate, coco powder, stevia, and something gum, sorry I don’t have it in front of me so I don’t remember what that last one was. But it’s easier on my stomach than a lot of the shit I usually buy

starting strength coach development program
    I'm no longer using whey powder, but when I was using it, I would just mix it with water, unsweetened cocoa powder, and a bit of whole milk yogurt. I personally never needed any added sweetness (and hate the overly sweet stevia variations), so that was fine with me. People who eat a lot of sweets might find this too bitter, but it's all what you're accustomed to.