Using Caffeine.... Using Caffeine.... - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using Caffeine....

• texas starting strength seminar september 2020
    • wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Sorry, Robert, for an additional question... I overthink things some times.

The bulk caffeine vs the Legion pre-workout drink Pulse. I know you like Legion a lot, so I already lean towards them.

But the cost issue... 300 servings ($18) vs 30 ($40).

Is there any reason why I would take the Legion caffeine supp vs the bulk one? I don't have a problem paying more, but within reason and when I would receive equivalent value. In this case, that increased value doesn't seem to exist. Am I wrong here?
    If you donít care about the other ingredients in Pulse (beta alanine, citrulline, etc.) then yes, it is very overpriced compared to the Bulk caffeine pills.

So, today I got some CVS generic caffeine pills, 200mgs per tablet.

Figure this was a very low cost trial run. If I have positive reactions, I'll make a decision on either the Bulk product or Legion (very strong lean towards the Bulk inexpensive option).

Figure this was a very low cost trial run. If I have positive reactions, I'll make a decision on either the Bulk product or Legion (very strong lean towards the Bulk inexpensive option).
    Right. Get a baseline response to just the caffeine. Test out the other option against it later if you're so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    If you don’t care about the other ingredients in Pulse (beta alanine, citrulline, etc.) then yes, it is very overpriced compared to the Bulk caffeine pills.
    Thanks for this reply. I'm good with paying a lot for stuff...if I get VALUE for it. How much I want to overpay is another story. If I get 90% of the benefit for 10% of the price (plain old caffeine tabs vs Pulse), then I'm good and happy. I will be paying a lot for SS coaching/programming. But I'm getting A LOT of value for that. So, it's more of a value prop vs overall cost.

PS - is Jonathan Sully and jfsully one and the same person on here?

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Right. Get a baseline response to just the caffeine. Test out the other option against it later if you're so inclined.
    Thanks for this reply too. Like I said above, I'm pretty sure the Pulse is prob not going to make a significant difference from regular old caffeine pills, so I'm going to pass for now, and likely will spend some money elsewhere.

starting strength coach development program
    PS - is Jonathan Sully and jfsully one and the same person on here?
    No. I am also a doctor (psychiatrist) and we share similar names, but I am NOT the author of the Barbell Prescription. He is on here under his full name.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12