starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone actually like oatmeal

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    My favorite bowl in the morning:

1/2 cup steel cut oats, 1 cup water, microwave 5 minutes at 50%. Let sit until firm. Add generous Kosher salt and cinammon. 3 eggs easy-over, underneath, the 3 on top. More Kosher salt over that.

Am I the only one who crashes after eating oatmeal? Even a small portion knocks me on my ass and I’m tired for hours.

I recently had an extra lean (96/4) burger that was prepared with oatmeal. Surprisingly delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I recently had an extra lean (96/4) burger that was prepared with oatmeal. Surprisingly delicious.
    Amish around here use oatmeal in their pecan pies. Excellent.

I consider oatmeal as one of those foods you eat to fill you up but only taste good for what you put on it. Others are potato, grits, rice, etc. It's curious that they are all starches.

I'm so frickin sick and tired of eating eggs and oatmeal every morning.

I eat it because it is a great food. I take regular organic oats and grind them down to a flour in my Vitamix. In the morning I mix several tablespoons with my Muscle Feast protein powder, almond milk, and it keeps me nourished for hours. I don't taste the oatmeal. In winter I have at times cooked some overnight in a crock pot. I put water and oats in a mason jar and set in the water and cook overnight. I sweeten with banana and real maple syrup. What a treat! When I am naughty I add about 5 or 6 chocolate chips. Can't be beat!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    I grind it up in my magic bullet then mix it in with a scoop or two of whey, it’s so easy
    This is the easiest way to incorporate a massive amount of oats into your diet.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

I add a pinch of salt, a scoop of protein powder, and a table spoon of Peanut Butter and its delicious and the perfect pre-workout meal. You could cut some of the fat if you sub'ed out the PB for PB fit powder.

starting strength coach development program
    Blend your rolled oats or oat bran with some whey, frozen berries, cinnamon, and chia seeds. Makes a great smoothie. Easier than cooking and eating a huge bowl.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast