starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone actually like oatmeal

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    A spoonfull or two of peanut butter and drizzle in some honey before putting it in the microwave. Its delicious!

Cup of quick oats, scoop of chocolate protein powder, 5g creatine shake and a cup of coffee is my first breakfast before I lift.

I keep a bag of instant oatmeal at work. After my morning training I'll make a generous bowl of instant oats with creatine and a scoop of chocolate whey protein and some milk. It ends up tasting like a liquefied chocolate chip muffin, but it looks really bad.

I have noticed that I have become increasingly gassy with Oatmeal. Any suggestions to mitigate this?

Switch from oatmeal to steel cut oats that you’ve pre-cooked and reheated, add a hard boiled egg that you’ve diced-up in a small measuring cup, add a tbsp+ of Irish grass-fed butter, lots of salt (to taste), stir to mix the melted butter and salt.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sanders View Post
    I have noticed that I have become increasingly gassy with Oatmeal. Any suggestions to mitigate this?
    How big of a serving and how are you preparing it? Have you tried it with milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    Switch from oatmeal to steel cut oats that you’ve pre-cooked and reheated, add a hard boiled egg that you’ve diced-up in a small measuring cup, add a tbsp+ of Irish grass-fed butter, lots of salt (to taste), stir to mix the melted butter and salt.
    Have you found the secret to cleaning the milk off of the pan easily after cooking steel cut. This has been my barrier to switching over.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Have you found the secret to cleaning the milk off of the pan easily after cooking steel cut. This has been my barrier to switching over.
    If you make it in a decent rice cooker there is no trouble with the cleanup since they all have some sort of non-stick surface (ours has some sort of ceramic coating). You can also use the timer feature and have it hot and ready for when you get up in the morning and then just add the milk you want.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Steel cut oats are worth the trouble. Replace the milk with water to help with the pan. Unless you stand over it with a rubber scrapper and keep the build-up minimal, the pan is tough even with water, but pre-cooking a week’s worth, putting in the fridge, and re-heating in the microwave minimizes the aggravation. You can add a dollop of milk when you re-heat, instead of water, to moisten it up. The Irish grass-fed butter and salt are the key for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123