starting strength gym

Thread: Died Fruit and Fruit Juice

Default Died Fruit and Fruit Juice

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Robert,

I've noticed you often recommend increasing carbs (assuming fat and protein are on point) and I'm wondering how you feel about died fruit and fruit juice? I'm back up to around 3200 - 3400 cals now and am thinking dates and fruit juice would be an easy way to get in more carbs and calories instead of restoring to junk like chocolate and cookies.

I think those are good around workout times because they are higher in sugar.

Thanks Robert. Is there any danger from the high amounts of sugar from fruit with diabetes? I've always assumed that sugars from fruit and vegetables are not the sane as the refined sugar in processed goods.

On a similar topic how to you feel about flap jack and home made cakes? I live close to farm shops and there are a couple of local markets plus my mum and mother in law are both great bakers. They're not a daily thing but I will try and have something that doesn't have a bunch of chemicals in if I can help it.

You definitely want to limit sugar intake if you have diabetes but you still need a given amount for the workout window since glucose deposition is insulin independent after training. Just want to keep fiber and protein high throughout the day. Flapjacks are good and can be made high protein by adding in some protein powder.

Sorry if I worded that poorly, what I was trying to ask is if the high amounts of sugar from fruit contribute towards getting diabetes?

No it does not.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks Robert. I think I might have stayed on low calories too long over lock down as now at around 400-450 carbs and feel noticeably better and more energetic. Strength is coming back nicely too.