starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High triglycerides

Default High triglycerides

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    How bad is it that my triglycerides are high? They came out at 190 but I actually feel great physically and weights are going up. I’m a skinny hardgainer but am definitely intermediate if that matters. I drink quite a bit of sugary Gatorade because working in the heat just water is not going to cut it. Eat a lot of blue bell to.

Just asking because I don’t really know how bad of a risk it is.

Were you fasting?

yes

My blood pressure and everything else was in the normal range. It could have been a false reading but I'm getting tested again in a few months to see if it was false or not. Ive been on Statins before but the doctor took me off them and everything was testing fine until last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larousse View Post
    My blood pressure and everything else was in the normal range. It could have been a false reading but I'm getting tested again in a few months to see if it was false or not.
    Numbers bounce around. A second test is just another snapshot, but you might try to keep factors similar between tests so it is maybe more useful than it otherwise might be. Most clinics and labs are pretty terrible about taking test factors seriously, so you have to pay attention on your own. Lipid Variability

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Most clinics and labs are pretty terrible about taking test factors seriously, so you have to pay attention on your own. Lipid Variability
    This is 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larousse View Post
    How bad is it that my triglycerides are high? They came out at 190 but I actually feel great physically and weights are going up. I’m a skinny hardgainer but am definitely intermediate if that matters. I drink quite a bit of sugary Gatorade because working in the heat just water is not going to cut it. Eat a lot of blue bell to.

Just asking because I don’t really know how bad of a risk it is.
    Fasting and getting the lipid panel in the morning will help with the reliability of this test.

190 isn’t so bad, and if the rest of your lipid panel is good, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Alcohol use can selectively raise triglycerides, so if you’re drinking too much, this may be a reason to cut back.

190 is far from good jfsully. He can take some fish oil or eat fatty wild caught fish a few times per week too. This has reduces them in some.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    190 is far from good jfsully. He can take some fish oil or eat fatty wild caught fish a few times per week too. This has reduces them in some.
    In the setting of an otherwise normal lipid panel, what additional risk does a 190 triglyceride level confer? I think in our lab normal is up to 150, and the cardiologists don't get too excited unless it's >500.

I agree it's worth addressing with some lifestyle changes, but not something to worry much about, even if it persists.

starting strength coach development program
    Fish oil and Salmon it is. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast