starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Use of creatine and protein powders linked to alcoholism later in life, study claims

Default Use of creatine and protein powders linked to alcoholism later in life, study claims

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Use of creatine and protein powders linked to alcoholism later in life, study claims | The Independent | Independent

Seems true to me, but it's not a drinking problem; I had no problem drinking; help took the edge off.

Another round and eternal merry questing for the elusive total.

YouTube Music

Paywall. Do you have a link to the publication?

Legal Performance-Enhancing Substances and Substance Use Problems Among Young Adults | American Academy of Pediatrics

If there is a link, I think it would be related to the social/cultural behaviors that accompany youth team sports, like high school football. Not related to physiological effects of these "supplements," and therefore not really of much interest to adult lifters who want to increase their lean body mass safely. Not that anyone around here was going to stop creatine and protein based on this...

I'd be interested to see how these people trained and/or what sports they were competing in. If these people were training for a physique sport this would not surprise me.

There's also a link between ice cream sales and shark attacks. As ice cream sales go up, so does the of people that get bitten by sharks. Hot weather > people eat ice cream. Hot weather > more people go to the beach. More people in the ocean > more opportunities for sharks to attack. I think I was taught in the 5th grade the difference between causation and correlation, and I was brought up in some really shitty public schools.

We need a $5,000,000 excise tax on every study that just consists of a bunch of anecdotes.

We wouldn't have to tax individuals if we had that.

I'm already an alcoholic, so I don't have a problem with creatine and whey.

So, can I mix my creatine with my alcohol and just skip to the end? Asking for a friend...

You can do whatever you want. Does that mean it's a good idea?

starting strength coach development program
    Protein powder is a "performance enhancing substance". We should start testing to make sure olympic athletes aren't abusing whey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast