starting strength gym

Thread: What to Eat in the Morning Before Lifting

Default What to Eat in the Morning Before Lifting

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I normally train at night after work and before diner. But one day a week I training in the morning, Saturday. What is a good breakfast that will digest easily before training at 8:30 or 9:00? Right now I'm depending on what I ate the night before and sometimes on heavy lifting days I boink before my session is over.

What's a good solution to keep me moving to get home for a nice lunch, but not have digestive problems while lifting?

Thanks!

Just mix yourself a whey protein isolate shake with dextrose. That should get you good and fueled for your workouts. Then have a meal after you lift.

I'm sorry for the silly question but I don't know. Where would the dextrose come from? I looked at a couple of whey proteins and they don't list any dextrose in the contents.

I've done some reading since this morning and maybe have my answer. Are you talking about dextrose power? If so is the seemingly bro answer of 1.5 times the amount of protein?

Also is all dextrose equivalent? Or are some brands more potent than others?

Sorry for so many questions I'm trying to figure all this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso Rojo View Post
    I'm sorry for the silly question but I don't know. Where would the dextrose come from? I looked at a couple of whey proteins and they don't list any dextrose in the contents.
    You buy it as a supplement and add it to the shake.

I like Now Dextrose powder. Cheap and gets the job done. You mix it with your whey protein.

Anything that quickly digests. Regurgitating in the middle of a heavy deadlift set (with a belt) is no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by aftroop View Post
    Anything that quickly digests. Regurgitating in the middle of a heavy deadlift set (with a belt) is no fun.
    I second that.

Mr. Santana, thank you for the suggestion, I tried it out this morning and it went great. I went straight protein, dextrose, and water which didn't taste good, but it was an experiment. Now I'll try to dress it up a bit for the palette.

One of the interesting transitions in the path to living stronger is that food moves from being an indulgence to a necessity. As much learning needs to be spend on nutation as on barbell form.

starting strength coach development program
    Glad it worked. Some food is an indulgence and some is good old fashioned necessity