• starting strength seminar august 2024
    Does it mate any difference

In taste sure

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    In taste sure
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    Does it mate any difference
    It does as far as the health and welfare of the animals in question are concerned, and it's not an improvement...

?

I doubt that differences in taste could reliably distinguish organic from inorganic. For meat, the difference is more likely related to grass-fed vs corn-fed, for example, or the overall quality of the meat, aging, etc.

I also would not assume that organically fed animals are necessarily better treated than inorganic ones, although that may be true in some cases. If you care about the welfare of the animals you eat, you would probably have to familiarize yourself and research individual suppliers/farmers.

About 95% of the red meat we eat is venison (elk or deer) from hunting. It is all delicious because I'm serious about care of the carcass from the field to the packaged product in the freezer. I never give organic much thought but wild deer and elk are as organic as I get.

I would assume the elk I kill in Wyoming would meet the requirements for organic. I'm not sure about the local whitetail deer. They like hanging out in wheat and alfalfa fields. Alfalfa could be a GMO strain and either could have some fertilizer. If I'm wanting to eat "grass fed" it's an elk. I like my occasional beef steak to be grain finished. I'm not sure I could tell if it was organic or not.

I've noticed a taste difference but this is one of those things that will be highly subjective. On another note, I will say that organic berries, to me, taste better than non-organic as do other fruits and produce. That said, it's not enough for me to eat 100% organic but I do notice the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I've noticed a taste difference but this is one of those things that will be highly subjective. On another note, I will say that organic berries, to me, taste better than non-organic as do other fruits and produce. That said, it's not enough for me to eat 100% organic but I do notice the difference.
    Many thanks. I've heard people in the fitness industry say organic made a difference to you if you are training. I always thought this was either bs or such a marginal difference that it doesn't matter. I get most of my meat from our local butchers because they are good people with a good product but it's not all organic.

Thanks for confirming Mr Santana this is a really great page you and the ss team have put together.

starting strength coach development program
    You are very welcome and thank you. I prefer not to complicate this any more than it need be. If you want organic go for it if not then don't.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast