starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gaining fat

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    You are welcome.

2" is 2 inches

You do not have the bar over mid foot because your hips are too low and your shins are too forward. You can see the horizontal motion when you try to start pulling. You have to learn how to set your back in the correct position or you will continue missing limit pulls and making this more difficult than it needs to be. Get your shoulders over the bar. Squeeze the chest up/stick your ass out, then push down and drag up.

Do 1 x 5 not 3 x 5 and use chalk and a hook grip

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    You are welcome.

2" is 2 inches

You do not have the bar over mid foot because your hips are too low and your shins are too forward. You can see the horizontal motion when you try to start pulling. You have to learn how to set your back in the correct position or you will continue missing limit pulls and making this more difficult than it needs to be. Get your shoulders over the bar. Squeeze the chest up/stick your ass out, then push down and drag up.

Do 1 x 5 not 3 x 5 and use chalk and a hook grip

ok so feet 2 inches apart and my hands about a finger or two apart on the bar? just want to make sure i have that 100% before i go and lift again.

thanks again.

Yes that's correct.

followed your advice when deadlifting on Thursday and the difference is unreal. i have way more power when i set up like you said. 130kg was a breeze and could lift 15kg more than that easily.

thanks alot for your help.

at what point should i increse the number of sets to 3?

You don't. You are getting plenty of volume on your hips from squatting. The only time I'd do more sets and reps is at the start of a training cycle when the intensity is lower.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    You don't. You are getting plenty of volume on your hips from squatting. The only time I'd do more sets and reps is at the start of a training cycle when the intensity is lower.

i have continued deadlifting the way you showed me twice a week for the past month and i got up 140kg x 5 on Sunday which is the most ive deadlifted for 5 reps.

However, when i attempted to do 140kg this evening i could barely get 2 reps though.

now i trained legs after my deadlift on Sunday. i did 4 sets of walking lunges with 17.kg dumbells, 4 sets of romanian deadlifts with 85kg, 4 sets of front squats with 70kg and a set of hamstring bridges. then on tuesday before my upper body workout i did 4 sets of squats using a box to try and correct my form. i didnt squat too heavy. 3 sets of 90kg and 1 set of 100kg.

had a long drive yesterday which could also be a factor as its tiring.

is it likely that im just still fatigued from the above this evening ? or is there a point where ill find it harder to recover after a set of deadlifts to be able to deadlift again in the same week? how long can i keep doing 1 x 5 twice a week?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12