starting strength gym

Thread: Weighted blanket: legitimate sleep aid?

Default Weighted blanket: legitimate sleep aid?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    If anyone has used a weighted blanket long enough to develop an informed opinion, please share it here if you have the time. What are your experiences with weighted blankets? Are they a useful sleep aid?

I'm making an effort to improve my sleep quality. Here are a few things that are helping so far:

1. No screens 60 minutes before bed (90 minutes if I can help it)
    2. Cooler bedroom temperature (this is huge)
    3. More consistent sleep/wake schedule
    4. Developing a bedtime ritual (mine is: snack --> bathroom/teeth/etc. --> reading)

I've seen mention of the weighted blanket on this forum (like this thread here) and am considering making a purchase if I have relative confidence that it will be worth the money.

Thanks for your input,

I haven't bought a weighted blanket per se but I did buy a down comforter from Sheex (with the duvet cover) and it had enough weight on it to feel real good. I sleep like a rock but I also have a good mattress.

This is my favorite time of the year because the house is cooler so I use a down comforter and a wool blanket. I personally like the heavier covers and think I sleep better with them. But I've never see any scientific proof to that. If anyone is looking for good quality wool blankets check out the Shepard's Lamb in Chama NM. Shepherd's Lamb. They are my favorite blankets.

Oh, I forgot to add. No stimulants after 5:00 and that included preworkouts!

I got a queen sized weighted blanket as a present a few weeks ago. The weight feels nice. My wife and I both toss and turn a lot and that requires a fair degree of being able to freely move the blankets. It’s not so easy to do when you’re mostly asleep and forget what you’re dealing with. My wife strained her rotator cuff pulling it over her.

New assistance exercise: Pulling the weighted blanket over you after rolling over.

Quote Originally Posted by BareSteel View Post
    If anyone has used a weighted blanket long enough to develop an informed opinion, please share it here if you have the time. What are your experiences with weighted blankets? Are they a useful sleep aid?

I'm making an effort to improve my sleep quality. Here are a few things that are helping so far:

1. No screens 60 minutes before bed (90 minutes if I can help it)
    2. Cooler bedroom temperature (this is huge)
    3. More consistent sleep/wake schedule
    4. Developing a bedtime ritual (mine is: snack --> bathroom/teeth/etc. --> reading)

I've seen mention of the weighted blanket on this forum (like this thread here) and am considering making a purchase if I have relative confidence that it will be worth the money.

Thanks for your input,
    I hated mine. Felt like i had drop foot. Gave it away.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I decided to forego the blanket for now and just try to make the bed as comfortable as possible in other ways, as least for now,

starting strength coach development program
    That should get the job done for now. It's definitely a start