starting strength gym

Thread: need to lower glucose and gain mass. Is this possible?

Default need to lower glucose and gain mass. Is this possible?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have two goals which seem to contradict each other but need help accomplishing them. If they can't be done together I need to accomplish one of lowering my glucose and then putting on mass without reverting back to having high glucose. How can I do this?

Every time when I get fasting blood work my glucose levels are on the high end. Recent blood work showed it was even higher at 108 mg/dL. I've started taking berberine to help reduce glucose levels.

How can I continue to lower my glucose levels so I don't become diabetic but also put on weight to continue to help increase my strength

I'm currently at 160-lbs and would like to get up to 180-lbs which would help me get a lot stronger and be more competitive in the lightweight amateur strongman divisions

Lifts? Are you doing conditioning? What is your diet currently like and how active are you in terms of your general lifestyle?

Lifestyle is moderately active outside of lifting. Current lifts are squat: 295x5x3 bench 225x3, deadlift: 405x1, press: 155x1. Squat is lower bc I didn't have a rack for a while but should start coming up soon. I probably don't do enough conditioning but will push the prowler at least once a week for around 4x100 yards. Planning on starting to add some weight to this soon. Diet is mostly clean consisting of meat, bread, fish, eggs, vegetables, oatmeal, large protein shake for breakfast. Didn't always have the best diet for years before starting to train so probably lots to fix. Occasional sweet which I've cut out almost entirely since this last set of labs.

Maybe these goals are too much in opposition but need to accomplish both even if one at a time

Numbers aren't terrible. Are you chinning? I would definitely add conditioning and find excuses to move throughout the day. Nothing better than movement to maximize insulin sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Numbers aren't terrible. Are you chinning? I would definitely add conditioning and find excuses to move throughout the day. Nothing better than movement to maximize insulin sensitivity.
    I do chins but not very often. I can start adding those in regularly. I probably should be walking more often as well. I don't have a prowler right now and probably won't for some time. What could I do for conditioning? I've done burpees in the past before I had my equipment needed for SS. Would you say do those after training or maybe something else?

starting strength coach development program
    May want to just do some calisthenics unless you can run or bike. Anything continuous should work.