starting strength gym
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can Zoloft affect strength output somehow?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    You have a couple of confounding variables. Squatting heavier and heavier 3 times per week will kick the shit out of you. Combine that with a drug that has similar effects on your energy levels it can be pretty rough. How many doses have you trialed?
    I've gone from 100, to 75, to 50, to 25, to 0, all over the course of this year.

I’m now completely off having tapered all the way down. Strength isn’t any different at all so far (not expecting that to change either).

In a considerably more worrying turn of events, Libido has yet to return either....

Quote Originally Posted by MFCPete View Post
    I’m now completely off having tapered all the way down. Strength isn’t any different at all so far (not expecting that to change either).

In a considerably more worrying turn of events, Libido has yet to return either....
    It took me about 3 days for anything to get different. After 3 days, the withdrawals really kicked in. Took a few weeks before it stopped killing my workouts. I feel I've gotten more explosive overall, and feel a bit stronger. I don't know why, but it's there. Actually had an intensity day last week that I wasn't sure about trying, got all new 5RM PRs on all four big lifts. My mood still keeps dropping off though sporadically. Current events are not helping. I may have to consider going back on the stuff if this doesn't let up.

How is your diet right now? Any appetite changes?

When my mood goes down my appetite drops a bit. But that's more of a "so depressed I don't feel like bothering to eat" type thing. Some people I know report appetite changes from zoloft but I never really had them, and I think those are more due to how people's depression or anxiety affects their eating habits. Treating either can obviously make eating habits change depending on what end of the spectrum their problems leave them. I still am keeping my eating up though. I am going to start cutting down weight in January, but I'm trying to be a bit more slow and deliberate about it. Previously I've cut weight by going into a deep deficit immediately and it seems like within a week or two a lot of strength goes bye-bye all at once along with a ton of weight. I'm guessing a lot of that wasn't stored bodyfat.

Same as always (really high).

Standard advice from there then. Eat up, train, and get strong. Nothing too complicated at this juncture.

Caved in today and took a dose (half of what I was on before).

I hate things beating me but I said to myself when I stopped taking them there’s a certain point where I’ll wave the white flag and I reached that point today.

Need to book a doctors appointment for New Years and try again.

Apologies, I know that wasn’t the intention with this thread just sounding off as such.

starting strength coach development program
    It happens man. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast