starting strength gym
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Can Zoloft affect strength output somehow?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by MFCPete View Post
    Caved in today and took a dose (half of what I was on before).

I hate things beating me but I said to myself when I stopped taking them there’s a certain point where I’ll wave the white flag and I reached that point today.

Need to book a doctors appointment for New Years and try again.
    It's tough man, even with a gradual taper. I am still not 100% that I'm not going to take them again.

Yeah with things like this you are likely to cycle through various therapies depending on what is going on with you and what you respond to best.

I am late to this thread, but my wife just got off of Zoloft. Whatever you do, don't bounce around on the medicine. If you don't taper, or if you randomly take one here and there, it can really mess you up. It screwed my wife so badly she had to abandon ship and get on a different medicine. Things are much better for her now, but just a few mistakes on that stuff can really do a number on you. Obviously your results may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Longnecker View Post
    I am late to this thread, but my wife just got off of Zoloft. Whatever you do, don't bounce around on the medicine. If you don't taper, or if you randomly take one here and there, it can really mess you up. It screwed my wife so badly she had to abandon ship and get on a different medicine. Things are much better for her now, but just a few mistakes on that stuff can really do a number on you. Obviously your results may vary.
    I know, I wasn't just dropping off it. I gradually lowered my dose throughout last year working with my psychiatrist.

How is it going man ? I got off Paxil this year, and the first month is a Bitch... i thought i would go back on the stuff but now Im 8 months off an feel good. You really have to take care of youreself mentally and physically, but i guess everyone has a different reason why they took the stuff so there is no universal recipe. As far as training goes i have not noticed any difference, but it seems my metabolism is now faster again (gained lots of fat on it ). Stay strong man

Quote Originally Posted by Allgäuer91 View Post
    How is it going man ? I got off Paxil this year, and the first month is a Bitch... i thought i would go back on the stuff but now Im 8 months off an feel good. You really have to take care of youreself mentally and physically, but i guess everyone has a different reason why they took the stuff so there is no universal recipe. As far as training goes i have not noticed any difference, but it seems my metabolism is now faster again (gained lots of fat on it ). Stay strong man
    I ended up re-administering again, 25mg micro doses. I kept getting these really bad depressed lows that the only way out of was to trick my mind into thinking about something else, which I couldn't really do reliably. Might just be the current state of things, but I needed something to get by, I'm still kind of losing my mind as is. There's been this sort of "itch" in the back of my head that the world wasn't right, and it's been getting REALLY itchy recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    It happens man. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself.
    Thank you brother.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    It's tough man, even with a gradual taper. I am still not 100% that I'm not going to take them again.
    Well, I can only speak from my own personal experience and say that both ways (tapering and cold turkey) were really unpleasant experiences. Maybe the way to go is an extremely slow taper over several months.

I tried to go from 200 to 0 in 2 months. Perhaps I was being too ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I ended up re-administering again, 25mg micro doses. I kept getting these really bad depressed lows that the only way out of was to trick my mind into thinking about something else, which I couldn't really do reliably. Might just be the current state of things, but I needed something to get by, I'm still kind of losing my mind as is. There's been this sort of "itch" in the back of my head that the world wasn't right, and it's been getting REALLY itchy recently.
    Yeah, with everything going on at the moment it probably isn’t a great time. All gyms in the UK are closed and sound like they will be for quite some time yet so there’s one way to relieve some stress out the window.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MFCPete View Post
    All gyms in the UK are closed and sound like they will be for quite some time yet so there’s one way to relieve some stress out the window.
    Brilliant idea like so many others across the world.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast