starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can Zoloft affect strength output somehow?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Brilliant idea like so many others across the world.
    It drives me absolutely insane. We are in a supposed ‘national lockdown’ yet 90% of places have somehow managed to claim they are ‘essential’ and stay open.

If I leave my house right now, I can walk into a McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, Costa Coffee no problems. I can go buy household furniture or gardening products. The list goes on and on.

But I cannot, for some unexplained reason go to the gym for a workout.

Despise my local gym having screens up, one way system, temperature check on entry, capacity limits etc every precaution you could name.

They are talking March/April time for re opening.

I’ve taken up Running again, which was a hobby that kept me sane over the last lockdown. I’d much rather be in the gym lifting, but at least it’s something.

I don't blame you, you gotta do something. These morons refuse to use any common sense after collecting data for the last year and seeing that this shit clearly does not work.

Everybody who can afford it and has the space for it should invest in some equipment at home.
    Who knows how long these nutjobs want to keep this up?

Agreed. Just gotta keep an eye on the waitlists.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemens View Post
    Everybody who can afford it and has the space for it should invest in some equipment at home.
    Who knows how long these nutjobs want to keep this up?
    No space really as my Son is now is occupying what was the spare room we had.

I priced up a foldable bench and a few dumbbells last night and it came to £500. Just too much money for what you’re getting.

I understand prices for fitness equipment going up, supply and demand etc but they’ve really hiked the prices up excessively this time around.

To put together anything resembling an adequate setup for a serious lifter I think you are looking at £1,500-£2,000 depending on how many plates you need. Not many people can afford that, Myself included.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I don't blame you, you gotta do something. These morons refuse to use any common sense after collecting data for the last year and seeing that this shit clearly does not work.
    To be honest, I really enjoy running and one of the only few positives that’s came out of Covid is my enjoyment for running and I will probably keep it going even when the gyms re-open.

I know it might not be the best way to lose weight or build conditioning (I run at a really slow pace for long distance) but I don’t really get too worried about that as I’m not competing for anything as such, I just enjoy it a lot and it makes me feel good.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345