starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recipes

Default Recipes

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    For anyone getting bored of the same meat dishes can I recommend Tom Kitchins book Meat and Game.

Tell us more.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Tell us more.
    There are a tonne of game dishes in there that work well. Tom Kitchin's Meat and Game: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchin, Tom: 9781472937803: Books

I'm a particular fan of venison, that book has some gold stuff.

One of the hard things about a high protein diet I find is to keep it interesting enough that your family doesn't get bored. So I am always looking for easy and tasty recipes.

Nigella's Indian-spiced chicken and potato tray bake - Cityline this is an excellent thing you can cook up a bunch of it and reheat for a couple of days.

Would love to hear other people's recipes and ways they keep the meat interesting.

This is one of my favorites for venison shanks or neck roasts. My family loves it too. Extremely simple; I use a Dutch oven and cook in the oven. I'm not wild about crockpots except for heating chili or stew. I'm preparing a deer neck roast with this recipe on Thursday at my family's request.
    I have a bone-in shoulder elk roast in the freezer that I plan to try sometime.

Venison Barbacoa Recipe - Hank Shaw's Venison Barbacoa

Any Asian/Szechuan marinade/stir fry recipe cooked hot and quickly does well with venison loin or even round steak.

I just remembered. I don't use the cloves in the barbacoa recipe. Never been a fan of that taste in meat.

I resort to the crock pot more than I should. Recently, i've been eating edamame pasta. Pretty good and the texture is similar to regular pasta.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost and Found View Post
    This is one of my favorites for venison shanks or neck roasts. My family loves it too. Extremely simple; I use a Dutch oven and cook in the oven. I'm not wild about crockpots except for heating chili or stew. I'm preparing a deer neck roast with this recipe on Thursday at my family's request.
    I have a bone-in shoulder elk roast in the freezer that I plan to try sometime.

Venison Barbacoa Recipe - Hank Shaw's Venison Barbacoa

Any Asian/Szechuan marinade/stir fry recipe cooked hot and quickly does well with venison loin or even round steak.
    Thank you I will give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    For anyone getting bored of the same meat dishes can I recommend Tom Kitchins book Meat and Game.
    Sib: I forgot to add this site which is a good one for game meat. I like there is an entire section for Ground meat which is usually plentiful from deer and elk.

Wild Game Cuisine - Celebrate the Harvest

Quote Originally Posted by Lost and Found View Post
    Sib: I forgot to add this site which is a good one for game meat. I like there is an entire section for Ground meat which is usually plentiful from deer and elk.

Wild Game Cuisine - Celebrate the Harvest
    Thank you looks good

starting strength coach development program
    Robert, I doubt that you remember, but you told me about this on our phone consult (along with Karlsburg Swiss cheese... Holy shit that's good)l, with triscuits and grapes!).

My 13yo daughter REALLY likes the edamame pasta.

And Pete's got my DL up to 330 and squat to 250. Almost unbelievable progress for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I resort to the crock pot more than I should. Recently, i've been eating edamame pasta. Pretty good and the texture is similar to regular pasta.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast