starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help An Idiot Sandwich (Avoid Developing Pocrescophobia)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    What is your waist circumference?

My waist is about 33.2 inches but around my love handles is 36. My legs are pretty lean but I have a lot of fat on my lower back which I hate makes me really soft i don't have a huge gut

Deadlift Form Check Front oblique View SS - YouTube

Its sort of visible in this video I sent for form check.

Doesn't sound like you are fat and the video confirms this. If you build muscle all of that will look better so let's focus on getting you stronger.

Deadlift - hips too low, you aren't setting your back at all and you are bending your knees first when setting it down. Watch the following video

Hip flexion vs. Spinal Flexion | Starting Strength - YouTube

Biggest thing is you need to get your shins more vertical, PUFF THE CHEST UP and pull the arms straight for 1 full second before dragging the bar up your legs.

Thanks for the awesome tips. I've also spoken with the good folks on the form check section and I think I'm gonna spend the next couple of weeks focusing on fixing the flexion and form before going up in weight.

And in terms of diet I agree with you on the weight thing. I'm happy the weight that I am at around 75 to 77kg considering my height and a history of being heavier. and my short term goal is to be able to hit a 200kg deadlift, 150kg squat and 100kg bench and a bodyweight ohp (currently 135,100,75,55) i figured this would put me at a more desirable body composition.
    In terms of diet I would appreciate some feedback on my plan.
    I'm eating average 2500 cals with a 35/45/20 protein carb and fat ratio which is my maintenance supplementing with creatine and doing light cardio 2 days a week, I'm going to continue with this as long as my lifts are going up trying to focus on recomp and quality and weight maintenance and try and re adjust once I plateau.

That is fine for now but won't cut it when the weight gets heavy. Prepare to end up at 3000-3500.

starting strength coach development program
    *Update*

I started back up on Jan 1st. Stepped on the scale February 1st and weight 232.6lb. Since Feb 1, the scale really hasn't fluctuated more than .8lb.

My Lifts are now:

Squat: 270 (Failed twice now)
    Bench: 190
    Deadlift: 365 (Failed once, 2 reps)
    Press: 125 (Failed once)
    Power Clean: 160 (Form degraded, resetting. I have no vertical jump and started compensating with my arms)

I've noticed my upper musculature has increased, especially upper back.

Going from 265->270 on the Squat nearly killed me. That 5lb increase was incredible. I broke my Press plateau at 120. I started using a belt, which has helped.

I try to walk for about 3 hours a week, and do a small amount of heavy bag training on 2 rest days during the week. (power for fighting and wrestling is my end goal)

I average about 245g of protein, 250-260g of carbs, the rest fats every day. Should I keep going at this rate? Should I change anything?

Thanks again for your time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12