starting strength gym

Thread: Should I worry about my cholesterol

Default Should I worry about my cholesterol

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I just got a worried call from my doctor because my cholesterol numbers are:
    total cholesterol: 290
    hdl: 57
    triglicerides: 186
    calculated ldl: 197
    non-hdl: 233

I'm 25 years old, 6 feet tall and weight about 175lbs but I have a very skinny frame (I weighed about 135 before I started training). I've been lifting for a while - squatted 320 for 3 sets of 5 pre pandemic, now only back up to 275. I eat 6 eggs per day and drink plenty of whole milk and eat plenty of dark chocolate which have lots of fat. I hardly eat any sugar and I thought that was the real culprit for high cholesterol and that I shouldn't worry too much about eggs and whole milk but my doctor is telling me to switch to skim milk and cut down on eggs. Would love a second opinion. Thanks a bunch!

Were these collected fasted? Why don't you get a direct LDL? Calculated LDL becomes less accurate with higher triglyceride levels. The conventional wisdom is that this becomes an issue with much higher levels than you are reporting here but since it is a phenomenon it's fair to assume that there is probably variability there.