starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experience with Fit3D body scans for measuring body fat % and progress

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    So are they taking digital photographs and using software to make some sort of conversion?
    They could use digital photographs and photogrammetry software, but it looks to me like they are probably using structured light depth cameras in this case.

I would be fairly confident in betting that it works well if you are losing or gaining weight without much change in muscle mass. If you are a more advanced lifter or are gaining a lot of muscle mass, I doubt it gets measured anywhere close to accurately.

It should be a very accurate way to visually assess changes in your body composition over time if you are looking at the scan itself (not their numbers). A few of the measurements, like the waist circumference could also be of value with this method.

Do they give you a copy of the scan or is it all locked into their software? If you get a copy, you could do some interesting analysis on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Do they give you a copy of the scan or is it all locked into their software? If you get a copy, you could do some interesting analysis on your own.
    There's an online dashboard you can log into and see all your measurements and 3D renders for previous scans

I would be fairly confident in betting that it works well if you are losing or gaining weight without much change in muscle mass. If you are a more advanced lifter or are gaining a lot of muscle mass, I doubt it gets measured anywhere close to accurately.
    I would agree with this.

Do you know what file type the 3D renders are given as? Probably doesn't make a difference to most people, but I am curious.

starting strength coach development program
    Do you know what file type the 3D renders are given as? Probably doesn't make a difference to most people, but I am curious.
    I don't. You don't get the source files. Just JPGs on the dashboard and some GIFs that string them together to show a spinning avatar of yourself. You can see samples of the dashboard on their site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12