Post COVID Loss of Taste & Smell Post COVID Loss of Taste & Smell - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post COVID Loss of Taste & Smell

• starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    That is hell Nockian. What is wrong with your nose?
    Polyps. I’m trying to keep them under control using steroid drops, but they are having limited success. It’s leading to chronic severe sinusitis which I trained through for several months last year. They can be surgically removed-it’s not permanent though-but the operation prevents any form of heavy lifting for a couple of months, so I decided to work with the drops. Now this Covid thing has descended the entire health service has become the Covid service, so it might be years until I get an op.

You’re right Robert, it’s hell. Not having a sense of smell can be a might depressing if you dwell on it too much. There is a good chance it becomes permanent.

Shit. You may have to detrain a bit to get your sense of smell back. Just get strong enough before they allow elective surgery again and then bite the bullet so you can get a few years of smell back rather than calling it quits before it forces you to.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Shit. You may have to detrain a bit to get your sense of smell back. Just get strong enough before they allow elective surgery again and then bite the bullet so you can get a few years of smell back rather than calling it quits before it forces you to.
    That’s the intention. It’s on the limit now anyway. I have recurrent and chronic sinusitis, Post nasal drip and a cough. It fucks up my sleep and can make training tough if it’s a bad bout. Last year I would spend half an hour coughing up muck after the first set of warm ups. It made me so exhausted that I could easily have quit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12