starting strength gym

Thread: Covid recovery and muscle soreness

Default Covid recovery and muscle soreness

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I started feeling a little sluggish Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon I figured a covid test was in order. The short version is it was positive which is just a thing. My question is for anyone who's had it and had muscle pain/soreness, how long does that part last? To be honest its just plain irritating to feel like this.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T878U using Tapatalk

I don't think I've had it but I haven't heard anything about this.

I can answer this. The muscle pain and soreness, for me, was excruciating. It ended abruptly the second the fever broke. Don't fight the fever or take Tylenol for the pain. I truly think that letting the fever burn helped.

I did lose a lot of strength with this illness. I've never been sick for so short a time and felt so inadequately recovered afterwards.

Being in my mid 60s I tend to hurt all the time as it is but during my time with Covid I experienced the most pain in my joints and muscles I had ever felt and the lingering fatigue and cough was/is the worst. I had flu that was more severe and my case of Covid was mild compared to others I know. However, it seems the long term effects last longer.

After I thought I was over it I started back at 80% of my previous lifts. I was only out for 2 weeks. Big mistake. I was so sore and fatigued after the first day it didn't feel like lifting for another week. After that I started back at NLP. Eight weeks later I am closing in on my previous numbers and have gained the 10 pounds I lost back.

Patience, rest and diet is the key to recovering.

I don’t remember any muscle pain. The biggest issue was the feeling of being constantly at high altitude. Just couldn’t get my muscles to work efficiently which has meant a lot of de-training as a 60 year old. I’m not pushing it even now. 2 days a week is sufficient or I don’t feel recovered. It’s been about 6 weeks so far.

Not sure if I ever had it but last January I had something and my eyeballs hurt and then I had a lingering cough after all the major symptoms wore off. Does that make me a "probable case?"

I had Covid last summer right before I found and started NLP; was still trying to use a basically typical bodybuilding program for strength. Anyway, the last Monday I tried lifting right before getting the call that I'd been exposed and being diagnosed, the squats really aggravated my thighs. At first I just wrote it off as lingering soreness from my yardwork the Saturday before and being dehydrated, but these posts now make me wonder. It was almost a stinging or burning sensation, and I had DOMS for a couple days after. That, along with crud in the back of my throat and a cough were the only symptoms I ever experienced. It was while I was quarantined with Covid that I discovered and found Starting Strength, and I didn't do any weightlifting while quarantined as I revamped my whole routine and workout schedule.

starting strength coach development program
    I had the horrible all-over soreness from day 3 to day 7, then it faded away entirely over the next two days. I just had my first day back to training and it was hell. I lost some weight along with a lot of strength and wind.

I also had the eyeball pain and I'm still not over the cough. Sounds like you had it, coach.