starting strength gym

Thread: Massive bowls of pasta.

Default Massive bowls of pasta.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I’ve noticed a clear increase in my lifting performance if I bung a load of carbs down the night before training. I used to do that before long runs, but hadn’t thought it was applicable to lifting.

Yes. Lots of carbs before lifting helps. Lots of carbs help in general. Seems rather obvious..

Robert, if you are on a cut, then up the calorie intake when the cut is done, how long does it take for lifts to start feeling not as shitty.
    Last edited by Robert Santana; 02-28-2021 at 06:02 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Robert, if you are on a cut, then up the calorie intake when the cuti8done, how long does it take for lifts to start feeling not as shitty.
    I've personally found you can notice a change almost immediately. As the OP says, carbs before lifting makes a huge difference. I've found even something as simple as microwaving myself a potato with some butter the night before a lifting day makes a noticeable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Robert, if you are on a cut, then up the calorie intake when the cut is done, how long does it take for lifts to start feeling not as shitty.
    It is pretty immediate so long that you are upping the carbohydrates first. 3-5 days or so of higher carbohydrates.