starting strength gym

Thread: 8 Week SS Nutrition Update

Default 8 Week SS Nutrition Update

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Male, 28 years old, 6’ tall. Consuming 3500 kcal and at least 250g protein (usually more) a day. Attached should be a recent bodyfat test I took.

January 8th: 244.4 lbs, 25.4% bodyfat
    March 7th: 258.4 lbs, 27.1% bodyfat (14 lbs gained overall, +6 lb LBM, +8 lbs BF)

I started to do SS proper around Jan 8th (SSNLP Ethan Bynon: DTFP), eating the advised amount of calories and never missing a session. Before that, I was doing a "SS rip-off" around July 17th onward to regain strength after a long break from the gym. Looking at the results of switching to SS proper (caloric surplus, power cleans, etc.), am I still doing it correctly nutrition-wise? Am I eating too little? Too much? Is the ratio of fat/muscle gain about right? I can provide an example of my daily food intake if that would help.

I am resting as much as possible between sets to still be able to finish within 2 hours, I don't think my weight jumps are abnormal, but sleep has been getting difficult lately as my waist feels heavy when I lie down to sleep in any position.

My squat, deadlift, and cleans are a struggle to recover from, while my presses are VERY quick to recover (2-3 minutes at most). Is this an eating problem or a programming problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carb intake?

About 300g or more of carbs, like the protein, and I try to keep fat around 140g or less, if I can get more protein/carbs instead I will favor getting more of the instead of hitting my fat macro exactly.

Go to 400+ on all 7 days of the week.

Oh man, it'll be rough getting that many carbs without adding more fat. Time to boil some white rice/potatoes.

starting strength coach development program
    Not if you are doing what you suggested in that second sentence it won't.