starting strength gym

Thread: Nitrates/Nitrites

Default Nitrates/Nitrites

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Question:
    Should I try to avoid processed meats containing nitrates, etc? Is celery extract any better, or is that just marketing?

For what purpose?

For the purposes of general health. It is stated that nitrate consumption is associated with colon cancers, etc and that it can negatively effect the microorganisms of the gut. The problem is I fucking love bacon. Is this a real concern? Or can I continue happily eating my lardons. Over the past few years I have learned to be more skeptical of the "norms" of conventional medical/nutrition wisdom thus my questioning here.

An association already tells you that the relationship is causal but let's assume that there is something more there. An association in which population? My simple advice is don't eat like an asshole all of the time and you'll probably be okay. In other words, a little bacon in your life won't hurt you. At some point we are going to wear out and die, we just wanna stave that off as best we can while also making good use of our time here.

Uncured bacon usually has celery extract which has some type of "natural" nitrite, whatever that is, but it also has a lot more salt which has been used as a curing agent forever.

I prefer regular bacon to uncured. Uncured is too salty for my taste.

>>"My simple advice is don't eat like an asshole all of the time and you'll probably be okay."<< That's great! More poster/t-shirt material.