starting strength gym
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Weights & Plates Podcast

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Another outstanding episode, Robert & Trent. So good that I'm almost through my second listen.

I'm a perpetual straddler of LP/early Intermediate programming, but that's by choice, as I do have many other activities throughout the seasons that I enjoy. And I know that I enjoy those activities more because of that training, which sees me creep up on PRs, step away, reset, then creep up again. Like Trent said, "I am never going to be the strongest guy at the meet," and I, too, am OK with that.

Keep them coming!

Thank you, there is always stronger than before.

Episode: The Snacking Problem

It’s out of control with children. A cultural tidal wave is working against parents trying to feed their children nutritious real food.

Snacks at club meetings. Snacks at events. Snacks at parties. Snacks at celebrations. Snacks at sports. It is near impossible to get away from the highly palatable calorie dense foods that are available with almost no effort.

The food culture is so much different from when I was growing up in the 60s.

Great episode!

Quote Originally Posted by HailMary View Post
    Episode: The Snacking Problem

It’s out of control with children. A cultural tidal wave is working against parents trying to feed their children nutritious real food.

Snacks at club meetings. Snacks at events. Snacks at parties. Snacks at celebrations. Snacks at sports. It is near impossible to get away from the highly palatable calorie dense foods that are available with almost no effort.

The food culture is so much different from when I was growing up in the 60s.

Great episode!
    Thank you. It's a real big problem. "I wanna go on a diet but I need to keep feeding my kids junk" is the most bizarre, yet frequent statement, that I hear from many clients with kids. Children aside, snacking is a big issue and snack foods are virtually everywhere.

Robert, similar to your GF wanting to feed your very cute dog, it's crazy how people (family, friends AND strangers) want to feed little kids "treats". Non-stop.

You know that is just denial right? It's not for the kids. Please.

As a parent of two I hereby give you guys permission to have an opinion on how to feed children - you're absolutely right. Unhealthy snacks are the refuge of the lazy (or overwhelmed, to be less judgmental) parent. How hard is it to give them carrots or something?

Robert, have two questions...

1) have you heard of James DeNicolantonio? On IG lot. Not sure if he's on target or if he's a bit of a coocoo head.

2) any plans to do an episode on how to design a cut? Not the lifting/training part, but just the diet part. And if it's anywhere on the site and I missed it, please let me know. For an aggressive cut vs slower cut.

PS - @ DL 380x3. I am still so embarrassed that I bailed on the 5th rep at your gym a year+ ago.......

starting strength coach development program
    1) No
    2) Aggressive cut for what purpose? Some people have to cut aggressively to lose 1-2 lb per week and others don't.

Finish the last two reps man. Then add another 5 lb. Then you'll have 405+ next time you come in.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast