starting strength gym
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Weights & Plates Podcast

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Great info, thank you!

You are welcome.

I just listened to the part time dieting episode. As an adherent of January 7th Christmas, I enjoyed Trent's aside on holidays east and west of the Bosphorus. You guys need to record more of your off topic discussions!

That may require a separate podcast. Glad you enjoyed.

That certainly was a fun one for us, Robert. It recapped so many conversations that we've had in her kitchen over so many bottles of wine.

Good wine I'm sure too. I plan to connect with her when she moves to Vegas. Great referral, much appreciated.

This was a great episode. Maybe a collaborator for an SS cookbook?

starting strength coach development program
    So...you've been talking about this a lot on your podcast about how important it is to get out and move for those of us who sit in an office all day. You distinguished between "daily human movement" and conditioning as two different types of cardiovascular exercise, both of which we need. I've not had much luck in the past being consistent with this. I'll sporadically start up using the sled and then quit, or ride my bike for a little and then quit. The problem usually is either A) out of time; or B) too tired after training. I was thinking about maybe trying to use the sled as a substitute for the daily human activity part. Like throw a pair of 45s on and push it back and forth at a lazy pace for 10-15 minutes. Enough that I'm breathing more than a walk but not making overly stressful. Then 2 times a week I can load it with 185 and push the hell out of it and puke my guts out for 10 minutes. The advantage would be that the sled is right there staring me in the face and if it just becomes part of training I will be unable to escape it.

Or is there no way around the fact that we need to be breathing for that extended 30 minute time period?

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast