Weights & Plates Podcast Weights & Plates Podcast - Page 8

starting strength gym
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 97

Thread: Weights & Plates Podcast

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    • starting strength seminar december 2021
    • starting strength seminar february 2022
    • starting strength seminar april 2022
    I've tried them during or before the workout, never seemed to work too well for me. It felt like digestion and resting between sets were competing for energy. Stomach started to feel upset.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Robert, I'm so glad you & Trent decided to do a podcast. Thank you!

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    3,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I've tried them during or before the workout, never seemed to work too well for me. It felt like digestion and resting between sets were competing for energy. Stomach started to feel upset.
    What did you try exactly? The source matters.

    Quote Originally Posted by HailMary View Post
    Robert, I'm so glad you & Trent decided to do a podcast. Thank you!
    You are welcome

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    3,853

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Thank you Robert for doing these podcasts. I have really enjoyed them so far and look forward to each new episode. The last episode was particularly useful for me. My coach has had me on intermediate programming now for about a year and I've had a few legitimate resets for each of my main lifts. As I've gotten stronger I feel overwhelmed at how hard it has been to get through my training as we start approaching a reset. When Trent started talking about that feeling of "you want to complete the set but you also don't." I screamed out loud. Honestly I didn't think other people thought the way I did and it felt really good to hear someone else, especially a SSC, put words to a feeling I have had.

    I read and hear all the time about how hard training becomes as we progress but I have not seen others do much to really elaborate on just what "hard" actually means. That psychological battle we have as lifters (or at least some of us) isn't something I've heard much about. Looking forward to part 2 of this one and hoping you guys might be able to provide some advice on how to handle some of those challenging feelings when things start getting real and we start questioning our sanity.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    3,853

    Default

    I'm glad you enjoyed it, it's a very important topic. You'll get a lot more out of part 2 as intermediate. It has been my experience that many intermediates, especially gifted intermediates who ended their LP with impressive results that far exceed the norm, are not mentally or emotionally prepared for the roller coaster ride that is post-novice training.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Garage of GainzZz
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Nick D'Agostino also reportedly finished his LP at a ridiculously high squat weight. I saw him pull north of 600 at a meet like it was a warm-up.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    What did you try exactly? The source matters.
    I was using powdered gatorade mixed in with water. When I was trying it pre-workout I'd just make a small 8 ounce glass. When I tried it for during the workout I was mixing a scoop or two into my big water jug I bring to the gym.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, it's a very important topic. You'll get a lot more out of part 2 as intermediate. It has been my experience that many intermediates, especially gifted intermediates who ended their LP with impressive results that far exceed the norm, are not mentally or emotionally prepared for the roller coaster ride that is post-novice training.
    I feel like I did NOT exceed the norm on mine but still have had issues with intermediate programming.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    3,853

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Nick D'Agostino also reportedly finished his LP at a ridiculously high squat weight. I saw him pull north of 600 at a meet like it was a warm-up.
    Nick D is also a fine coach. Gifted athletes who are fine coaches are rare. You know why he is a fine coach? Because he breaks easily, which forces him to work through problems. Wolf is a similar case.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •