starting strength gym
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Weights & Plates Podcast

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Pretty accurate assessment.

This was a very good episode. I have thought this for a long time...the fitness industry, and the DIY crowd, is VERY VERY similar to my world as a financial advisor. Many people think they can DIY, based on Dave Ramsey's book (terrible idea, BTW), or Suzie Ormond (equally terrible), Kramer on CNBC, etc. The truth is...the client doesn't NEED us (either me as the advisor or you as the strength coach) to be successful. But to maximize their output (either money saved or DL weight) the coach/advisor is almost always going to have to be included. And there are SO many people out there who don't listen to what I say, and even some clients that don't listen. (They aren't very good clients, of course.) And that's too bad. And their loss....

And the psychological aspect to coaching (and advising) is very very similar. I'm trying to impact behavioral change, as it relates to their money. And money is always....ALWAYS....tied to emotion. Poor Pete T (my coach) is part-time mental health expert to me, part time strength coach. The good strength coach is also trying to enact behavioral change. We've got our work cut out....

Lastly, I've always believed that someone's health is directly tied to their economic state. What I mean by that is that if someone can take the stress of money out of their lives, they will be heathier overall. They'll have better marriages, relationships with their kids, experiences with extended families, etc. Social/Spiritual is the #1 priority, Health is #2, financial should be #3.

Again, thanks to you Robert and your co-host for this episode. Good stuff, and made me think a lot.

Couldn't agree with you more Mike. Most of what we do is tied to economics in some way shape or form in the true sense of the word. A good financial state economizes your life and a bad one does the opposite. Pretty simple but the execution is hard for many. Pete's a good guy glad you see that.

Getting better and better!

Appreciate it!

Congrats, Robert! Subscribed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you

I'd be very interested in a deeper dive into modifying programming for when you go on a weight cut, both for my own use and potentially for clients if I ever become a coach.

starting strength coach development program
    May just do that tomorrow for the next episode. If not, it will come soon it's an important topic. Article is happening too.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast