starting strength gym
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Weights & Plates Podcast

2 hours for the delay. As I explicitly state in the episode. If you are a novice or otherwise weak as piss, this is not for you.

re: Weights and Plates Podcast: #38 - Getting Fat to Get Strong? What to Do If You're a Skinny Fat Novice.

Another great one, gentlemen! I am nowhere near the focus of the episode (54M, 240lbs), but the content still applies is many respects.

As you two were talking whey and other protein sources, I thought of our favorite around here - we make our own yogurt in our Instant Pot. We've only used fully leaded whole milk, but I imagine non-fat wouldn't hurt. But the key is that we both like thick, thick yogurt (like Greek yogurt). So we drain our servings overnight, with all of the whey collected in a jar. That makes it handy to grab a swig when we open the fridge through the day. A new favorite for us is to use it as a 1:1 water substitute while cooking rice; the whey gives the rice a thicker consistency (which we like) and a creamier flavor. It's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    re: Weights and Plates Podcast: #38 - Getting Fat to Get Strong? What to Do If You're a Skinny Fat Novice.

Another great one, gentlemen! I am nowhere near the focus of the episode (54M, 240lbs), but the content still applies is many respects.

As you two were talking whey and other protein sources, I thought of our favorite around here - we make our own yogurt in our Instant Pot. We've only used fully leaded whole milk, but I imagine non-fat wouldn't hurt. But the key is that we both like thick, thick yogurt (like Greek yogurt). So we drain our servings overnight, with all of the whey collected in a jar. That makes it handy to grab a swig when we open the fridge through the day. A new favorite for us is to use it as a 1:1 water substitute while cooking rice; the whey gives the rice a thicker consistency (which we like) and a creamier flavor. It's fantastic.
    That sounds real neat. So you make your rice in yogurt? Glad you like the episode.

Just the liquid whey, which we end up with a lot of once we drain our yogurt. It imparts a nice texture and taste to the rice.

Robert, since we are at the 40 episode mark with the podcast, I feel the need to repeat my thanks and praises. I find the WPP to be the best casual lifting resource online - by casual I mean that I don't feel like a girl for only squatting 375 as I do when I listen to Starting Strength Radio. It is also by far the best nutritional podcast that I know of. You have done the Lord's work in cutting through a lot of the industry's bullshjit. Also, Trent is a great co host.

Last edited by Robert Santana; 11-17-2022 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Robert, since we are at the 40 episode mark with the podcast, I feel the need to repeat my thanks and praises. I find the WPP to be the best casual lifting resource online - by casual I mean that I don't feel like a girl for only squatting 375 as I do when I listen to Starting Strength Radio. It is also by far the best nutritional podcast that I know of. You have done the Lord's work in cutting through a lot of the industry's bullshjit. Also, Trent is a great co host.
    Thank you sir. You still need to get your squat up though. We all do. Including Ray Williams. Glad you are enjoying the content.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast